Following on from her 2012 return to form with her Hollow single, described as “an enigma with a haunting sound that will stay with you for hours after the song has finished playing” by purplerevolver.com, while indiemusicnews.com declared it as “a curiously chilling aura that’s more than captivating”. Musiceyz.co.uk went on to say that it was “genuinely unique. Where has this girl been hiding? Incredible”. Now, South Wales singer-songwriter Volenté is set to release a trio of tracks called ‘Broken Promises’, seeing her further develop her electronic credentials.
When she isn’t spending her time being a full-time mum, Volenté is an extremely talented artist, with many years of experience within the music industry. These tracks are a curious fusion of drum ’n bass, jungle, electronica, classical music and R ‘n’ B, with the heavy element of dubstep thrown in for good measure. Samuel Saunders proclaiming Volenté as “a breath of fresh air for those who want to get past the mainstream electronic R’n’B genre of recent times and listen to something a little bit different”.
‘Broken Promises’ is a brutally honest bittersweet anthem with soaring operatic vocals, a fusion of classical music, electronic guitar, drum ‘n bass beats and some dubstep thrown in the mix. Second track, ‘So Many Times’ is an electro-ballad which showcases Volenté’s stunning vocal range with a hint of Massive Attack-like elements. With her effortless amazing vocal range, ‘So Many Times’ really showcases Volente’s ability to create totally unique songs, while remaining true to her own style. A minimal but very powerful track!
‘End of Time’s’ beats and vocals hit the listener like an arrow to a target! With industrial-like hooks, a heavy sub-bass, a bit of jungle and Volenté’s mesmerising, beautiful, haunting vocals will take you to another level. ‘End of Time’s’ is definitely one set for the dance floor! Compared by critics to the likes of Bjork, cult indie favourites The Sundays and Kate Bush, ‘Broken Promises’, once again all produced, written, arranged and performed by Volenté herself, represents Volenté at her best!
Volenté will be playing a host of shows to promote ‘Broken Promises‘ including:
- Fri 22nd March – Warehouse 54, Newport
- Fri 12th April – Dublin Castle, London
- Fri 26th April – Buffalo Bar, Cardiff
To hear ‘Broken Promises’ tracks and see the videos, surf to: www.volente.co.uk.
- Volenté – Broken Promises (Single) | Dockrad CD029 // 2013
- Volenté – Hollow (Single) | Dockrad CD026 // 2012
- Volenté – Butterflies Fall Away (Album) | Dockrad CD017 // 2008
- Jason & Volenté – “Duets” (Album) | Sunday Express // 2005
- Jason & Volenté – “Duets” (Album 2) | Sunday Express // 2005
- Volenté – Cold Clean (Album) | Dockrad CD014 // 2004
- Maniana – Double Eyedrops (EP) | Dockrad CD007 // 2002
VOCAL FEATURE PERFORMANCES:
- Nursery of Naughtiness – Ether (Single) // 2010
- Skep – Sgep (Album) | Dockrad CD019 // 2008
- Skep – CTRL-S (Album) | Dockrad CD013 // 2004
- JT Mouse – Clusters (Album) | FFVinyl 023 // 2003
- JT Mouse – Sundrenched Torso / Superman (AA Single) | BOOB011CD // 2003
- Skep – Static (Album) | Dockrad CD005 // 2002
- Skep – Bingo (EP) | Dockrad CD001 // 2001
- MC Mabon – Mr Blaidd (Album) | Ankst CD092 // 2000
- NEWS: Volenté | Get Spinz
- NEWS: Volenté | Ents24
- NEWS: Volenté | Salad Days
- NEWS: Volenté | All In London
- NEWS: Volenté | Festivals for All
- NEWS: Volenté | Queenster
- NEWS: Volenté | AltSounds
- FEATURE: Volenté | The Alternative Review
- REVIEW: Volenté | Synectic Magazine
- FEATURE: Volenté | Infectious Magazine